What can you hire a private investigator for?
Private investigators are all around you. You generally don’t see them because, well, they’re just ordinary people who blend into society.What can you hire a private investigator for? The successful private investigator is the man or woman in a coffee shop who appears to be just working on their computer, but in fact is watching you! That’s probably not the case, but you’d never know. Now that you know private investigators can be anywhere, you might ask yourself, “what can you hire a private investigator for?”
Private investigators are usually hired by individuals, companies or lawyers who have a need to find some information that they have trouble finding. This information can take many forms:
- Maybe they’re looking for someone – people lose touch for many reasons. People run from debts they owe; people just lose touch; people become reclusive and don’t want contact with anyone; people witness incidents or accidents. All these reasons would cause someone to hire a private investigator for their case.
- Gathering other information – private investigators can gather information on places and things. Sometimes they search for stolen property. Sometimes they search for items that are counterfeit. Sometimes they monitor the comings and goings of an establishment. Can you hire a private investigator for these things? Sure!
- Can you hire a private investigator for computer crimes? Certainly! Many private investigators are trained in computer forensic techniques and software and those who don’t usually partner with a reputable computer forensics firm to assist their clients with technical investigations.
- Worker’s Compensation Claim Fraud – it’s unfortunate, but there are people out these who fake injury to get compensation from insurance companies. This type of fraud hurts everyone as the insurance companies then raise their rates to cover their losses. So, essentially you and I are paying for the fraudulent person’s claim. Private investigators are trained to catch these fraudsters.
- Witness statements are often taken by private investigators. Private investigators often have training and experience in advanced interviewing techniques and their skillsets are particularly suited to interviewing witness to get truthful statements.
- Private investigators are also often involved in child custody disputes. They can document abuse of children and whether the children are being neglected while in the care of a parent. Crimes against children are increasing and private investigators play an important role in document and helping to stop this terrible situation.
- The protection or people, places or things also brings in the skills of a professional private investigator. Private investigators are often armed and are trained in the use of firearms. They make the perfect undercover protection for executives and valuable places and expensive items.
- The research conducted by private investigators usually can’t be done by ordinary citizens. Other than police officers, nobody has the capabilities of research like a private investigator does. Private investigators can conduct court research far more efficiently than regular citizens because they have the experience of conducting thousands of courthouse searches every year.
These are just a few of the answers to the question, “What can you hire a private investigator for”, but there are many more. If you’d like to peruse some of the services of a private investigator you can click here.
If you are looking for an affordable licensed private investigator, with 20 years of experience assisting individuals, attorneys and corporations feel free to contact us here. You can also view a portion of our extensive client list here, and see what actual clients say about us here.